Current Open Positions
Features of Work:
-Coordinate and monitor on-site construction activities for roadway and bridge construction
-Develop/track contract work items, ensure and verify scope of work is being performed, track and offer review of materials/schedule/engineering submittals; create, update and maintain construction/project schedules
-Maintain, draft and review project correspondence relating to construction daily reports, project schedule activities underway, as-built schedule to compare to approved baseline schedules, review and draft preliminary progress schedule reports
-Provide field inspections on projects; provide technical support including construction planning, design and interpretation
-Prepare, review and analyze work orders; and use Site Manager, Cardinal, CERS, Microsoft Office Suite and Primavera P6
-Have prior working knowledge and experience on Virginia Department of Transportation projects
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
-Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
-Preferred qualifications: Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering/Construction Management and 2 years experience on heavy civil VDOT projects
-VDOT/DEQ/ACI materials certifications
-Experience in using Primavera P6 scheduling software
Function: To provide support with development and monitoring of construction schedules and other assigned elements of a construction project.
Features of Work:
– Develops and updates Contract Time Determination Reports
– Performs detailed reviews and monitors Contractor schedules as work progresses
– Develops and reviews Schedule Impact Analyses (SAI) for contract compliance and performing what-if analysis for Notice of Intents (NOIs)
Knowledge Skills and Abilities: The Scheduling Specialist shall have five (5) years of experience in successfully preparing and maintaining Critical Path Method (CPM) Schedules.
– Relevant Scheduling Specifications, Federal and State guidelines
– Schedules, claims avoidance, claims mitigation, cost estimating and reporting
– Scheduling software, specifically Primavera
Environmental Permit Compliance Inspector
Function : To monitor and perform environmental inspections to ensure contract and regulatory compliance on moderate to complex roadway, structure, and bridge construction projects.
Feature of Work:
– Preform onsite review and inspection of construction activities to verify environmental stipulations, commitments, and permits are being met
– Provides technical expertise on environmental compliance for construction activities operations
– Document prescribed work is in compliance with the permit conditions, project drawings, contract documents, Federal environmental laws and regulations, State Erosion and Sediment Control and Stormwater Management Laws and regulation, and the Road and Bridge Specifications/Standards
– Maintain environmental related project records
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
– DEQ Erosion and Sediment Control Inspector Certification
– DEQ Stormwater Management (Inspector) Certification
A Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Biology, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, or equivalent related degree may substitute five (5) years of experience.
II] Maryland (MDOT, MDTA, SHA)
Seven or more years of experience performing inspections or construction of highways, roads, structures/ bridges or a Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering and three or more years of roadway and/or structures/bridge inspection or construction experience.
Four or more years of experience performing inspections or construction of highways, roads, structures/ bridges or a Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering and three or more years of roadway and/or structures/bridge inspection or construction experience.
Inspection of pavement restoration or new road construction projects in Montgomery and Prince George’s County. Must have inspected several pavement restoration or new road construction projects in the past two years and have at least three years’ experience. Shall have or obtain Sediment/Erosion Control Green Card and the MD SHA Flagger Certification card within one year. If in possession of Asphalt/Concrete/Soils Certifications at the time of hire, will be paid at a higher rate. If not in possession of accepted certifications, may advance to higher pay rate upon obtaining the required certifications
Ideal candidate would have MARTCP or VDOT Soils, Concrete, Asphalt and Pavement Markings but will accept candidates without certifications if they have inspection experience.
CM (PE Required)
Develops capitol cost estimates during the planning, engineering, and construction phases of projects; analyzes and reports costs. Develops independent cost and pricing assessments for claims and change orders. Develops life cycle cost analyses. Works with design engineers and construction engineers to develop cost effective solutions for technical issues.
4-year degree in construction-related field (or equivalent construction-related work experience) and Professional Engineer or Professional Architect Certification, as well as at least 10 years of experience in field construction is required. Experience in the construction of large civil/structural and/or industrial projects at domestic and/or foreign locations is preferred.
Requires a comprehensive knowledge of construction-related processes, as well as a thorough knowledge of industry practices. Proven leadership and management capability are also required, as well as good written and oral communications skills.
Oversees all DDOT operations including tracking/monitoring pursuits and submission of proposals for potential task orders. Meeting with clients (Owners and other consultants). Responsibilities include management of all DDOT CES staff
IV] North Carolina (NCDOT)
Immediate openings with 3 or more years of DOT highway inspection experience, as well as NC DOT certifications in asphalt, soils, and concrete.
Two or more years of experience water/sewer pipeline experience including water/sewer construction, sewer main lining, sewer manhole lining, replacement by excavation and pipe bursting. Must be fluent in English, both orally and in writing. Must possess a valid driver’s license and vehicle. Must be able to read and interpret water and sewer plans. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
VI] Buildings and Vertical Construction
Comply with municipal state codes, ordinances, plus zoning regulations.
– Performing inspections at various stages of residential and commercial construction in compliance with statewide building codes, including issuing notices of violation, and identifying and recommending solutions;
– Communicating with contractors, developers, builders, and homeowners to explain applicable codes and legal requirements;
– Reviewing and interpreting construction plans and blueprints;
– Maintaining knowledge of and researching applicable State, County, and local codes, and applying that knowledge; and
– Performing damage assessments.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
– Experience with application and interpretation of Building codes or National codes;
– Experience with enforcement of Building codes or National codes;
– Skill in reading and interpreting plans, specifications and blueprints; and
– Experience with high-rise/commercial building codes or construction experience.
VII] Proposal Coordinator
The Proposal Coordinator will have the opportunity to work as part of a team and contribute to CES’s growth
Specific Duties and Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
-Work with the management and technical personnel to prepare qualification statements and technical proposals that meet RFQ requirements.
-Perform writing, editing, and and document and submission assembly support to develop and maintain project write ups, past performance and accomplishment records, up to date staff resumes, and other business development related materials.
-Assist in preparing presentation, trade show, and interview materials.
-Provide research in client needs, programs, and projects for business development purposes
-Assist in forecasting and tracking upcoming opportunities and submitted proposals and qualifications.
-Attend meetings and events related to clients, industry, and business development opportunities.
-Assist with pre-qualifications and vendor registrations.
-Perform consistent monitoring of owner’s and client’s for project and contract advertisements.
-Engage in industry related professional organizations.
The qualifications for the Proposal Coordinator role include:
-A minimum three (3) years of relevant experience is required
-Must demonstrate professional writing, editing, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
-Must demonstrate attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to balance multiple activities with varying deadlines.
-Experience with Microsoft Office365 is required.
-Proficiency in graphics and publishing applications (i.e. InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) strongly preferred.
-BS or BA in Business, Marketing, English, Communications, Engineering, Construction Management or other related field is required.
-An active membership with SMPS is preferred; not required.
-An active CPSM designation is also preferred; not required.